Soul Deep out in audiobook! — Jack West, widower, rancher and former Army Ranger, gets his own love story in this special I-Team novella, which was picked by readers at Grave Tells as the Best Contemporary Romance of 2015. It will be out in audiobook any day now.
Seduction Game is out in paperback, (I-Team #7) — Holly and Nick’s story is out in all formats — ebook, audiobook, and paperback. Look for it in Wal-Mart, the Kroger chain of stores, Barnes & Noble, and your local bookseller.
Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas is out! — The grand finale of the I-Team series finds all the couples you love brought together when terrorists attack holiday festivities at a historica hotel in downtown Denver. It’s bad news for the terrorists. They have no clue what they’ve done when they take Marc Hunter and his friends hostage. Featuring cameos by the men of New York Times bestselling author Kaylea Cross’s Hostage Rescue Team series. Available in ebook and paperback.
- Pamela Clare
- I grew up in Colorado at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, then lived in Denmark and traveled throughout Europe before coming back to Colorado. I have two adult sons, whom I cherish. I started my writing career as a columnist and investigative reporter and eventually became the first woman editor of two different papers. Along the way, my team and I won numerous state and several national awards, including the National Journalism Award for Public Service. In 2011, I was awarded the Keeper of the Flame Lifetime Achievement Award for Journalism. Now I write historical romance and contemporary romantic suspense.
My Blog List
You’ve read the stories. You’ve loved the heroes. Now test your knowledge of the I-Team series.
Here are the rules:
Since no one can tell who’s looking in the books and who isn’t, we’ll make the playing field level by saying this is an open-book trivia contest.
Answer each question as thoroughly and specifically as you can. There may be more than one answer per question, so read closely and think carefully. I am the sole arbiter of whether an answer is correct or not. Credit will be given for answers that are mostly correct.
E-mail your answers to me at pamelaclare at earthlink dot net by 11:59 PM Mountain Time on Saturday, April 9. Anything arriving in my e-mail Inbox after that will be disqualified.
Already I have nine completed I-Team Trivia entries, and most of the answers are right! I-Team fans rock! You are fantastic!
Answers will be posted here on April 12. We can’t pre-empt Man-Titty Monday, can we?
The more correct answers you have, the more chances you have to win! All winners will be chosen by an online contest randomizer.
Everyone who participates will be entered into a drawing for a signed copy of Breaking Point.
Third Place — Anyone who gets 30 answers or more right will be entered in a drawing for a signed copy of Breaking Point and a $10 Amazon gift card.
Second Place — Anyone who gets 40 or more answers right will be entered in a drawing for a drawing for a signed copy of Breaking Point and a $15 Amazon gift card.
First Place — Anyone who gets all 50 right will be entered into a drawing for a signed copy of Breaking Point and a $20 Amazon gift card, and a walk-on cameo in the next I-Team novel as a character of my choice.
Grand Prize — Anyone who gets more than 50 right — all 50 questions plus the bonus questions — will be entered into a drawing for a signed copy of Breaking Point and a $25 Amazon gift card, a personal phone call from me and the chance to read the next I-Team novel as it is being written as part of the feedback team.
Round II will take place toward the end of the month and will involve matching the hero or heroine to the quote.
Now, here we go for Round I. Enjoy!
1. What are the names of Kara and Reece’s children? List them in the order in which they were born.
2. What weapon did the bad guy in Naked Edge use to force Kat to cooperate?
3. What was Julian’s father’s profession?
4. Who is the managing editor of the Denver Independent?
5. What did Webb use to neutralize Gabe?
6. Who is Kara McMillian’s “baby daddy”?
7. June 9, 1996: What is this date, and why was it important to remember?
8. What is Julian Darcangelo’s undercover name?
9. Name of the sacred site east of Boulder that plays an important role in Naked Edge.
10. What high-point-value word does Will use to win at Sex Scrabble?
11. What does Bilagáanaa mean?
12. What martial art does Julian practice daily to maintain his physical and mental state?
13. What is Marc’s e-mail address?
14. Name Megan’s baby daddy.
15. Kat and Gabe were almost killed three times. List them.
16. What is Kara’s mother’s name?
17. Who calls Kat and Gabe “busy bunnies”?
18. Where was Tessa born?
19. How old was Holly when she lost her virginity, and where did it happen?
20. Give Kat and Gabe’s daughter’s Diné name and its meaning.
21. Name the “secret location” Kara was taken for her protection.
22. What did Marc find and remove from Sophie’s bedside table when he visited her apartment in secret? What did he leave in their place?
23. Who is the first person to die in Hard Evidence?
24. How did Sophie realize Marc Hunter was Hunt?
25. What does Alice James do to protect her corn crop each year?
26. What is the name of the puppy that Reece brings home from the pound for Connor?
27. What are Tessa and Julian’s “gang names”?
28. A pastor and his wife give Megan shelter. What are their names?
29. What is the Indian name of the ceremony that is interrupted at the beginning of Naked Edge?
30. What type of car do Syko and Flaco’s minions drive?
31. Name all of John Cross’s accomplices.
32. What drug was used to ensure Megan’s fellow victims overdosed and died?
33. Who was the first person Marc had sex with and how old was he?
34. What type of weapon does Julian carry?
35. What did Marc earn in Afghanistan?
36. What was Tessa’s original last name?
37. Name the halfway house where Megan stayed before going on the run.
38. What does Kat sprinkle on the ground after seeing a coyote?
39. Gabe describes Kat and himself as the 8th and 9th dwarves. What names did he use?
40. Name the camp Megan where stayed when she was a little girl.
41. What is Kat’s Lakota nickname?
42. Which name for a character in the I-Team series is also used for a character in the MacKinnon’s Rangers series?
43. What speech does Tom typically give when he’s grandstanding about the role of journalism in society?
44. What team did Will play for in college?
45. Who is Malibu Melanie?
46. Name the two young women who were tricked into overdosing by the bad guys.
47. How many confirmed kills did Hunt have as an army sniper?
48. What does Julian give Tessa to help her sleep after she is molested by an intruder while taking a bath?
49. Where did Julian and Tessa kiss for the first time?
50. Who has sex in the snow?
B1. How far was Marc’s record-setting kill shot?
B2. What is CKD?
B3. Complete this quote —
Inmate: “What you in for, baby?”
I-Team heroine: “Castrating some guy because he ________me.”
B4. What friend of Will’s does Holly make out with in public?
B5. What is our word for what the Diné call Náhookos Biko'?
Have fun and thanks for playing!
A special and very heart-felt thanks to: Michelle, Stef, SueZ, Libby, and Ronlyn for helping me get the questions put together for this. We would not be doing this today without them!
So, what's with all the nit-picky details? LOL Well, I thought I knew these books from front to back. Apparently I don't know them as well as I thought. I'll have to look a few of them up. I do know all the ones from UC though. That's the one I've read the most. You did a great job with the questions. I really thought I had this in the bag! HA!
Yay,thank you! They were tough! There were some that I thought I knew that I realized I had no idea of lol.I think the toughest for me was the NE questions because I haven't gotten to that one yet in my re-read,still in the middle of Unlawful contact.
It was super fun though,thank you for all the fun things you do for us readers!
Whew! Tricky, some of those!
I'm getting a kindle for my birthday in a week... Heaven Can't Wait is my first Kindle book! (read on the computer)
Thank you so much - Fun! The phone call and spot on the pre-reading team is a fantastic prize. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
LOL! I just looked back at my Trivia answers and realized in one of them I put an 'Extreme exposure' answer to a 'Naked Edge' question! I guess that's what I get for filling out trivia questions late at night instead of going to bed LOL,I must have been all confused and all over the place.
Silly me,hahah It is funny though!
Whew now that is done....I really enjoyed my open book(s) test...it was actually fun my son laughed at me and my "homework"...my daughter who is older/wiser...so she thinks...just shook her head & rolled her eyes at my five books I had open...but I had fun
thanks for the distraction if nothing else
Inkbella, baby — CONGRATS on having the first PERFECT score so far on the I-Team Trivia Challenge.
Everyone is doing incredibly well, but only Inkbella's is 100 percent so far....
However, there are SO MANY of these that it may take me till Wednesday or even Thursday to have them all reviewed and have the answers + prizes posted on my blog.
Don't shoot me! I've been busy at work and not feeling great (neck).
I'll try hard to get it done tonight.
In the meantime, I just have to say that I-Team fans are SMART women — and they know these books better than some preachers know the Bible.
One of you uncovered an error I made in UNLAWFUL CONTACT that my editors missed.
One of you listed an accomplice I'd forgotten about entirely.
Several of you have listed multiple undercover aliases for Julian.
You. Just. Rock! :-)
- ► 2016 (16)
- ► 2015 (24)
- ► 2014 (21)
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (50)
- ▼ April (6)
- ► 2010 (93)
- ► 2009 (72)
- ► 2008 (72)
- #IAmTwitchy (1)
- #TeamCharles (1)
- #TeamHugh (1)
- 2013 Charitable Campaign (1)
- 2016 (1)
- AAR poll (4)
- absolute surrender (1)
- After the Epilogue Chat (3)
- Alpine Rescue Team (3)
- American history (1)
- American history/family history (1)
- American Indian culture (1)
- An I-Team Christmas (1)
- An Interview with Alec Kenleigh/Heroes/Sweet Release (1)
- An Interview with the MacKinnon Brothers (1)
- Anna Campbell (3)
- Annual Poll (1)
- ANZAC Day (1)
- ARRA Awards (1)
- Art (1)
- Audible.com (1)
- audiobooks (15)
- AudioGals (2)
- Austin Taylor (4)
- author interviews (1)
- Back blurb (1)
- Barely Breathing (6)
- Bent's Fort (1)
- Birthday (1)
- Blog Hop (1)
- Book pirating (1)
- book release party (1)
- Book signing (1)
- book trailer (4)
- Books I love (1)
- Boxed Set (1)
- Breaking Point (21)
- Breaking Point playlist (1)
- Breast Cancer (3)
- Breasts (1)
- Carnal Gift (5)
- Carnal Gift author cut (1)
- Childbirth (2)
- Christmas novella (4)
- Christmas romance (1)
- Christy Reece (3)
- climbing (3)
- Colonial American romance (2)
- Colorado High Country series (11)
- Colorado mountains (5)
- Colorado weather (1)
- contemporary romance (1)
- contest (2)
- Contest winners (1)
- Contests (3)
- coping (1)
- Coupon (1)
- Cover (5)
- covers (3)
- DA BWAHA (1)
- Daphne du Maurier (1)
- Dead by Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (4)
- Dead Giveaway (2)
- Defiant (19)
- Defiant trading cards (1)
- Discussion topic (1)
- Donna Thorland (1)
- e-novella (3)
- ebook novella (1)
- eBooks (5)
- Elisabeth Naughton (1)
- Ellie Meeks (3)
- Eric & Vic (5)
- Eric Hawke (5)
- Eternal (1)
- excerpt (7)
- Excerpts (1)
- Excerpts/Breaking Point (4)
- Excerpts/DEFIANT (3)
- Excerpts/Naked Edge (6)
- Excerpts/Striking Distance (3)
- Excerpts/Untamed (2)
- Extreme Exposure (2)
- faith (2)
- Falling Hard (3)
- fear (1)
- Fictional sex (4)
- First Strike (6)
- First Strike excerpt (1)
- Flowers (5)
- Foreign editions (2)
- France (2)
- French and Indian War (2)
- Garden (14)
- Giveaway (5)
- God (1)
- Goldilocks Goes to Jail/Unlawful Contact (7)
- Hard Evidence (2)
- HEA (3)
- Heaven Can't Wait (2)
- historical romance (1)
- Holly Bradshaw (8)
- I-Team (42)
- I-Team After Hours (12)
- I-Team Casting Couch (3)
- I-Team Reading Challenge (7)
- I-Team series (4)
- I-Team Shop at Cafe Press (1)
- I-Team Trivia (2)
- illustrated romance (1)
- International Midwife Assistance (3)
- interview with Pamela Clare (1)
- Interviews with the I-Team heroes (3)
- J'ai Lu (1)
- J’ai Lu (1)
- Jack West (4)
- Janet Killeen (3)
- jenn leblanc (1)
- Jesse Morett (1)
- Jesse Moretti (2)
- Joan Wood (1)
- Journalism (1)
- Julian Darcangelo (1)
- Kaleo Griffith (12)
- Kathleen Givens (2)
- Kaylea Cross (1)
- Keeper of the Flame Award (1)
- Kenleigh-Blakewell Family Trilogy (7)
- King Arthur (1)
- Lexi Jewell (4)
- MacKinnon's Rangers (1)
- MacKinnon's Rangers series (38)
- Marc and Julian Make a Beer Run (1)
- Marie Force (3)
- Marriage (1)
- Matt (1)
- Megan's Law (4)
- Naked (1)
- Naked Edge (28)
- Name That Scene (1)
- Navajo (3)
- New Release (2)
- New series (1)
- Nick & Holly (7)
- Nick Andris (7)
- Pamela Clare (1)
- paperback release (1)
- Paris (1)
- Playlists (3)
- Polls (2)
- Pregnancy (4)
- Project: Happiness (8)
- Pulmonary Hypertension (1)
- Pulmonary Hypertension Association (1)
- Q&A (1)
- RangerCon (1)
- RBL Romantica HUGHIE Awards (1)
- Reissues (1)
- release day blitz (1)
- Religion in fiction (1)
- Reviews (4)
- Ride the Fire (7)
- RITA Awards (4)
- Rock*It Reads (1)
- Rocky Mountain Search & Rescue Team (1)
- romance trading cards (1)
- Romantic fiction (2)
- RomCon (6)
- RWA (5)
- Scarlet Springs (2)
- Scarlet Springs series (2)
- Seduction Game (13)
- self-publishing (1)
- Sexcerpt Monday (1)
- Skin Deep (9)
- Skin Deep excerpt (2)
- Slow Burn (5)
- Soul Deep (4)
- spirituality (1)
- Striking Distance (16)
- studio smexy (1)
- Surrender (10)
- Sweet Release (9)
- Tantor Audio (10)
- Tempt the Devil (1)
- The Road to Avalon (1)
- Travel (1)
- Travel Diary/New York/MacKinnon's Rangers (6)
- Twitchy (1)
- UK editions (3)
- UK releases (2)
- Unlawful Contact (4)
- Untamed (7)
- Untamed contest (1)
- Untamed contest/Camp Followers (1)
- Upon A Winter's Night (1)
- Urban homesteading (8)
- USA Today Bestseller list (1)
- USA Today Happy Ever After interviews (1)
- Verdun (1)
- Web site (1)
- wedding (1)
- women in prison (7)
- World War I (1)
- Zach and Natalie (3)
Favorite Writing Quotes
"I am tomorrow, or some future day, what I establish today. I am today what I established yesterday or some previous day."
"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."
"Writers are those for whom writing is more difficult that it is for others."
"When I write, I feel like an armless, legless man with a crayon in his mouth."
"The ability of writers to imagine what is not the self, to familiarize the strange and mystify the familiar is the test of their power."
"No tears in the author, no tears in the reader."
"I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
—the character of Chaucer in A Knight's Tale